Become a Board Member
The CanOps Board of Directors are responsible for overseeing the Organization’s operations, while maintaining our commitment to our mission. This involves leading our strategic direction, ensuring our compliance with all applicable legal requirements, and keeping our Organization financially healthy.
The Board carries out this responsibility through a stewardship role. The Board delegates the day-to-day management of the organization to the President and the Executive Management team.
Director duties include:
- Ensuring CanOps operates within the scope of its mission.
- Providing approval for CanOps’ President, defining their duties and delegation of authorities, overseeing their performance and approving compensation.
- Requiring implementation and maintenance of internal controls (i.e. financial, information systems, risks, etc.).
- Approving CanOps’ annual budget and financial audit.
- Overseeing the annual report and its distribution to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Recommending amendments and adoption of changes to corporation’s By-laws and monitoring the organization’s compliance.
- Providing final approval of capital purchase greater than delegated authorities.
- Providing oversight of any ongoing legal matters.
CanOps is looking to recruit Directors from both traditional and non-traditional public safety agencies, as this will allow for cross-sectoral representation on the Board to provide different insights, connections, expertise, and opportunities. The following are examples of traditional and non-traditional public safety agencies the Board if looking for (not limited to those identified below):
- Non-government organizations (i.e. volunteers, faith-based organizations, emergency management partners)
- Private sector (i.e. Critical Infrastructure, public safety related industry)
- Standards/regulatory bodies
CanOps wants to bring in new Directors who will:
- Be active in providing advice, leadership, and direction to the CanOps operations
- Provide CanOps with strategic connections to assist in the organization’s growth opportunities
- Bring common public safety interests to the table
If this is you, then we want to hear from you.