CanOps’ Whistleblower policy provides the process and protections for employees who make a disclosure of wrongdoing in good faith, which occurred in their workplace that relates to the best interests of the organization.
CanOps’ Whistleblower policy is viewed as a critical component of our internal control system and the effective achievement of good governance. CanOps requires directors, officers, employees, contractors, subcontractors, agents, volunteers, vendors, donors, and partners of CanOps to observe high standards of business and personal ethics in the conduct of their duties and responsibilities. As representatives of CanOps, we must practice honesty and integrity in fulfilling our responsibilities and comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
A “whistleblower incident” is defined as a concern related to the CanOps’ financial or operational matters. For greater clarity, whistleblower incidents are intended to include, but are not limited to, the following:
- “Side deals” or “under the table” dealings with contractors for personal benefit;
- Receiving personal kickbacks or significant gifts from contractors or vendors which could create bias in the tendering process;
- Inappropriate recording or reporting of revenues, or lack thereof;
- Inappropriate classification of assets and/or liabilities;
- A deliberate disregard or circumvention of CanOps’ policies;
- Embezzlement of Company assets by an individual or group of individuals;
- Inappropriate occurrences at a Company event; and
- Inappropriate projects for the benefit of a landowner or business, and not necessarily in CanOps’ best interest.
It is the responsibility of all CanOps representatives to immediately report concerns regarding violations of CanOps’ code of ethics or suspected violations of law or regulations that govern CanOps’ operations. The Chair and the Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors are responsible for ensuring that all complaints about unethical or illegal conduct are investigated and resolved. It is the policy of CanOps to treat all reported whistleblower incidents in a confidential and sensitive manner.
If you have concerns related to a possible whistleblower violation, please use the confidential form below to report the incident.
Whistle Blower Form
Instructions: Please provide as much detail as possible and complete all sections. Your name and contact information must be included for follow-up purposes.
Corporate Head Office Address:
P.O. Box 21061, RPO Crescent Heights Prince Albert, SK S6V 8A4